USING YOUR BINS
Contents from your yellow bin are sorted and baled at the Newman MRF and sold for reprocessing.
Items should be LOOSE (not in plastic bags) and if possible, rinsed.
To assist waste and recycling operators in servicing your bin on collection day:
- Do not overfill your bin (50kg max weight)
- Do not place items alongside bin
- On collection day ensure bins are at least 50cm apart from other bins and objects
- On collection day place your bin with the front of the bin facing the kerb
- Do not place bins behind parked cars
- Keep the lid closed to prevent litter
- Wash your bin regularly to prevent odours
- Retrieve your bin from the kerb side assoon as possible after collection to avoid bins being damaged, lost or stolen