The Shire of East Pilbara is an authorised Containers for Change Refund Point Operator for the new state-wide Container Deposit Scheme that lets you cash in eligible containers for a 10 cent refund. Residents can take their eligible empty beverage containers to the Shire's Refund Point in Newman and receive 10 cents for every eligible container returned.
The aims of the Container Deposit Scheme are:
The Shire has one Refund Point location:
- Diversion of beverage containers from landfill
- Reduce litter
- Increase recovery and recycling of beverage containers
- Create opportunities for employment
- Provide opportunities for social enterprise and benefits for community organisations
Address: Newman Waste Management Facility, Yates Road, Newman
Opening hours: Saturdays 8am - 4pm
(except Public Holidays)
What containers are eligible for a refund?
Download the Handy POSTER
Please remove all container lids! Lids are recycled seperately.
- Glass, plastic (HDPE/ PET), aluminium, steel and paper-based cartons
- From 150millilitres to 3 litres
- Purchased in WA
- Display the refund mark
What containers are inelgiable for a refund?
- Plain milk, flavoured milks 1L and above
- Pure juice drinks 1L and above
- Wine bottles
- Spirit bottles
How to get the refund
Sign up for your own scheme ID here to receive your refund via a direct deposit into your bank account.
Start collecting eligible containers.
Return your containers at the Shire's Refund Point in Newman.
If you or your organisation, school or business are interested in running a container collection or donation point, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT CONTAINERS FOR CHANGE