Fencing Print

Building Services Fencing

You must apply to the Shire of East Pilbara for a Building Permit if you intend to build, rebuild, reconstruct or alter any fence (including walls) which:

  • if constructed of masonry, is more than 0.75m in height; and
  • if constructed of a material other than masonry, is more than 1.8m in height; and
  • is located in wind region C or D as defined in AS 1170.2.
  • is a barrier fence for a swimming pool or spa.

Fences dividing properties are controlled by the Dividing Fences Act (1961).

This Act relates to fences that divide properties, and outlines the related legal responsibilities of the landowners. The Act also outlines the steps landowners should take to resolve any disputes which may arise.


Fencing Local Law 2011
Dividing Fences Act 1961

For further information on Dividing Fences click here.