There are several ways to reduce a further increase in cases of Ringworm:
- Report wandering dogs to the Shire’s Duty Ranger on 0419 860 376
- Keep infected pets isolated
- Regularly clean pet blankets and other pet bedding
- Regularly dispose of pet hair in grooming brushes
- Vacuum your home regularly
- Disinfect common areas in the home that pets use
The fungi responsible for Ringworm can live on hair follicles and skin cells and is able to be transferred from animals to humans.
Contact your a veterinarian for more information about Ringworm or if your pet is presenting symptoms such as hair or fur loss and skin legions.
If you suspect human infection, contact the healthdirect hotline on 1800 022 222 or a doctor.
Chief Executive Officer
15 April 2021