The Local Planning Section is responsible for the control of land use within the Shire of East Pilbara. It does this via Town Planning Scheme No.4, which zones and reserves land and and requires development approval for certain works and land uses within the Shire. In addition to development control, the section is also responsible for:
• Home-based business registration;
• Control of advertising signage;
• Camping and caravans on private land;
• Control of basic raw material extraction (non mineral);
• Heritage protection;
• Land subdivision (in conjunction with the WA Planning Commission) and;
• Preparation of the Shire's Local Planning Strategy and other planning documents.
To obtain more information on any of the listed items please follow the link provided.