Town planning Services Print

The Town Planning Section is responsible for the control of land use within the Shire of East Pilbara. It does this via Town Planning Scheme No.4, which zones and reserves land and and requires development approval for certain works and land uses within the Shire. In addition to development control, the section is also responsible for:

    •   Home-based business registration;
    •   Control of advertising signage;
    •   Camping and caravans on private land;
    •   Control of basic raw material extraction (non mineral);
    •   Heritage protection;
    •   Land subdivision (in conjunction with the WA Planning Commission) and;
    •   Preparation of the Shire's Local Planning Strategy and other planning documents.

To obtain more information on any of the listed items please follow the link provided.


Caravanning and Camping on Private Land

If you want to reside in a caravan or camp on private land, you may need Shire approval. ... read more

Town Planning Documents and Policies

Download the Town Planning Scheme, view the Shire's planning policies or get links to state documents.... ... read more

Displaying Advertising Signage

You may need approval before you put up that sign - check here... ... read more

Running a Business from Home

Obtain all the information you will need to get started... ... read more

Development Applications

Do you need a DA? Find out here. Download forms, look up fees; it's all on this page.... ... read more

Local Planning Strategy

Become informed on our Local Planning Strategy. View documents here... ... read more