Cape Keraudren Coastal Reserve is located 150kms north of Port Hedland on the Great Northern Highway, and 13kms west via the Cape Keraudren Access Road.
Information brochure about Cape Keraudren
This nature based reserve is a favourite for fishing, crabbing and those who just want to get away from it all. There is no electricity provided on the reserve however if it is a low-key, quiet and private getaway you are looking for then Cape Keraudren is the place for you.
The reserve comprises an area of approximately 4,800 hectares and was vested in the Shire of East Pilbara in 1985.
As the Cape Keraudren Coastal Reserve is a low-key recreational area, disturbance to the environment has been kept to a minimum.
The closest water supply is at Pardoo Roadhouse, 13kms east at the intersection of Cape Keraudren access road and the Great Northern Highway.
Cape Keraudren is a haven for marine, terrestrial and oceanic animals and although it can sustain a certain amount of recreational pressure impacts must be minimized. If you wish to visit this beautiful reserve, please adhere to the following courtesies and rules, making the Cape enjoyable for everyone:
- Camp only at designated camping areas as shown on the map
- Reduce speed on the Cape Keraudren access road and on the reserve
- DO NOT drive off the designated tracks
- Place rubbish in the bins provided
- Wash down the fish cleaning stations after use, leaving it clean for the next person
- Do not dispose of chemical toilet waste in the toilets. The toilets provided are dependant on the natural breakdown of waste with the aid of an environmentally friendly product. The addition of chemical treated waste counteracts this process
- Dogs MUST remain on a lead at all times and all animal waste must be dosposed of appropriately
This pristine reserve has an on site Park Ranger. Should you have any enquiries you can contact the Cape Keraudren Ranger on 0419 968 123.
Alternatively you may contact the Shire of East Pilbara Administration Offices in Newman on (08) 9175 8000.
Fees and Charges associated with Cape Keraudren
||Fee inc. GST
||Per Vehicle (max. 7 adults ie Prado)
||Per Additional Adult
|Towing-day Visitors Only
||Additional to entry fees
||Per adult per night (over 18 years)
||Per adult/ night for SOEP resident
||Per adult/ night for Concession card Holders
||School Children 6-17 years
||Under 6 years of age
|Recovery of Bogged Vehicles
If you have visited Cape Keraudren please take the time to complete this short survey.
Changes at Cape Keraudren - What you need to know
Cape Keraudren - 28 Day Stay Restriction
Recent amendments to the Caravan Parks and Camping Grounds Regulations 1997 has imposed
a maximum 28 day stay restriction within a three month period for campers at the
Cape Keraudren nature Based Reserve.