ANZAC Day is commemorated on the 25th April each year.
The Shire of East Pilbara encourages all residents to join with their family, friends and community in remembering the sacrifice that our servicemen and women have made throughout history, which helped to make Australia the great nation that it is today.
Each ANZAC Day commemorative services are held in Newman, Nullagine and Marble Bar.
Gunfire breakfasts are hosted, and in Newman A Troop Regiment, Pilbara Barracks usually opens their wet mess and hosts the traditional two up game.
ANZAC Day services for 2017 are as follows
- 5:45AM – March commences from the BHP Town Office (form up at 05:35)
- 6:00AM – Dawn Commemorative Service (cenotaph / Shire office gardens)
- 7:30AM – Traditional Gunfire Breakfast at Newman Club
- 11:00AM – Two-up at the William Lynus Club (A-Troop Depot, Laver Street)
- 5:35AM – Assembly at Marble Bar RSL Park
- 6:45AM – Dawn Commemorative Service commences
- 7:00AM – Gunfire Breakfast to follow
NULLAGINE: Information still to come