“The Shire of East Pilbara’s priority is to protect the people of our community, particularly those who are more vulnerable and this means we will be closing or modifying several facilities and services across the region,” said Shire President Lynne Craigie OAM.
Please be advised of the following closures and cancellations at Shire of East Pilbara facilities and services as a result of the COVID-19 pandemic:
- Newman Recreation Centre – CLOSED
- Newman Aquatic Centre – CLOSED
- Marble Bar Gym – CLOSED
- Nullagine Gym – CLOSED
- Marble Bar Pool – CLOSED
Please contact the Newman Recreation Centre on 08 9177 8075 if you have any questions
- Newman Library – CLOSED
- Marble Bar Library – CLOSED
- Nullagine Library – CLOSED
Library staff are working on online access and programs and the Shire will provide updates on this as they progress.
General Shire Buildings and Facilitie
- Newman Youth Centre - CLOSED
- Marble Bar Rec Shed- CLOSED
- Nullagine Youth Activities - CLOSED
- Newman House – no longer open to the public, please contact service providers directly for details on accessing services
- Facility bookings are only permitted where the requirements meet government guidelines
- Cape Keraudren Nature Reserve has been closed, as of today 25 March 2020.
- Rubbish collection changes: In Marble Bar and Nullagine, the twice weekly household rubbish collection service has been reduced to once weekly only, on a Tuesday.
- Martumili is closed until further notice
All Shire events until the 31st May 2020 have been cancelled. This includes the following:
- Twilight movie series
- Easter Pool Party, Newman
- Easter Pool Party, Marble Bar
- Easter Egg Hunt, Nullagine
- ANZAC Day Newman, Marble Bar and Nullagine
- Newman Triathlon
- Mother’s Day Classic
- Reconciliation Week Ball and events
- WA Day Weekend Celebrations
- NAIDOC Week events
- Outback Fusion Festival has been postponed until March 2021 at this stage
The Shire is looking into alternative program formats and we will provide updates in the coming weeks.
Shire staff will be in contact with relevant community members about memberships and bookings details.
For extra information on the latest alerts and warnings, see the following:
· WA Department of Health: Coronavirus (COVID-19)
· Australian Government Coronavirus (COVID-19) health alert
· Coronavirus Health Information Line on 1800 020 080