Newman Recreation Centre will re-open its fitness centre during daytime hours, and resume casual sports from Monday 8 June 2020. Newman House will also be re-opening to clients and the general public next week.
“We look forward to welcoming back members of our community to our parks and facilities. Collectively we have worked hard to reach these significant milestones and I would like to thank everyone in the East Pilbara who has adhered to the social distancing guidelines and hygiene practices that has kept our community safe from the Coronavirus,” said Shire President Lynne Craigie OAM.
“However, conditions will still remain in place and it is critical that everyone cooperates and follows the guidelines to ensure we can keep moving forward until we reach the other side of this pandemic. Please don’t take these new freedoms for granted and stick to the measures that are recommended,” she added.
For more information about Phase 3 restrictions please see the State Government’s webpage https://www.wa.gov.au/government/publications/phase-3-easing-of-restrictions-frequently-asked-questions
How Phase 3 will affect the following services and facilities in the Shire of East Pilbara
Playgrounds and Skate Parks – from Saturday June 6
Newman Recreation Centre – from Monday June 8
- Playgrounds, skate parks and dog parks are permitted to be used.
- The Fitness Centre will reopen, and only be accessible during staffed hours. For our first few weeks these are as follows:
Monday to Friday 8.00am to 8.00pm
Saturdays 7.45am to 12.00pm
Rural Fitness Centres
- After-hours access remains unavailable due to Government restrictions
- Everyone must sanitise hands before entering and prior to leaving. Extra hand sanitising stations have been added.
- Members must bring a towel and sanitise equipment before and after use.
- Adhere to social distance guidelines as per the Government's recommendation.
- If you feel unwell, stay at home.
- Rural fitness centers in Nullagine and Marble Bar will be re-opening for limited sessions from Monday 15 June.
- Members will be contacted with further details of available sessions.
- Contact sport and training is now permitted. Further information will be distributed to each club on State Government requirements.
- Each club is encouraged to contact their State Governing body for specific details on requirements for their sport.
- Open for clients and for general public bookings from next week