Pursuant to the Shire of East Pilbara Council Resolution 201516/121 dated 11 December 2015, the
following policy and procedures will apply to the use and management of Resident Concession
Cards for concession parking in the Newman Airport Long Term Car Parks:
• All Resident Concession Cards (RCC) and unused concession credit will be deactivated
annually on 30 September until a reapplication has been received for an extension to
• All residents are to annually reapply for RCCs with proof of residency to qualify for a
further 14 days’ resident parking concession in the Long Term Car Parks.
• Residents may commence reapplication for the extension of existing cards as from 1
August annually, which will extend the expiry date to 30 September of the following year.
• A sunset clause of two years for concession cards not reactivated will apply after which
such cards will be cancelled permanently.
• Credit other than concession credit loaded by a card holder will not be cancelled but
rolled over to the following year.
Hard copies of the application criteria, use and renewal procedures are available from the Shire
offices at Newman and Marble Bar. Residents at remote locations may apply for such copies to be
emailed, faxed or posted to them.
As from August 2016, these procedures and application forms will be available on the Shire of East
Pilbara website: www.eastpilbara.wa.gov.au.
For further information please contact the Shire of East Pilbara:
Newman Offices 08 9175 8000 Marble Bar 08 9176 1008
Newman Airport Service Desk 08 9177 8964
Chief Executive Officer
11 September 2019